Korean traditional cultures
Have you ever heard about Korean traditional cultures? There is many things in our cultures but I want to introduce 3things. First, I will explain about Kimchi. Second, I will explain about Hanbok. lastly, I will explain about Hanok. Now let's start my essay.
First, I want to explain about Kimchi. Kimchi is very famous sidedish in korea. Kimchi was introduced in 1988(88 Olympic) to foreigners. Maybe It's too hot for them. Kimchi had many kinds. pickled radishes, sliced radish kimchi, watery plain kimchi....etc
Second, I want to explain about Hanbok. Hanbok has special cloth and simple color. So many foreigners choose hanbok is the worldwide popular clothe. I like hanbok very much. we usually wear hanboks on chuseok or New year's day.
Third, I want to explain about Hanbok. We can see Hanok in Hanok village. Also we can see many ancient food in there. Hanok has Ondol. Ondol is the floor heating system. but in choseon dynasty and many ancient country only yangban can live in Hanok.
In conclusion, My speech topic was Korean traditional cultures named Hanok, Hanbok, Kimchi. Our culture is really interesting to study. If you want to study more about our culture try it!^^
Joanne,
ReplyDeleteI thought you had a good topic, but it sounded a lot like a speech. The writing activity was meant to be a descriptive essay. While you did describe the various aspects of Korean culture, I wish that you did not sound too mechanical. What I mean is, since we discussed using creative ideas in class, I wish that your descriptive essay flowed better. Overall though, you did a good job in including significant details in your essay.
In terms of proofreading, please make sure you double check your spelling and grammar before publishing. I think you meant to write "hanok" and not "hanbok" in your 3rd paragraph.